Every time I travel to B.C., I have this gut feeling that I somehow belong there. Not only do I have family, but the land, the history and the priorities of the people are the same as mine. Environment issues are a big concern and conservation of the natural beauty is a priority, as well as other matters that meet my personnal values.
But there are other reasons you’ll want to go there.
Here are a 5 reasons why you should visit B.C.
- The incredible landscapes : British Columbia has some of the most beautiful and stricking natural scenerie in Canada. Mountains dropping in the Pacific, the Pacific rainforest and the Rockies.
- The wildlife : If you drive 4 hours from Victoria, you will end in a remote town called Tofino, where you can experience some crazy moments with nature : whales, bears or bald eagle.
- The people : I do not know why, but there is an amazing vibe on the west coast; people are not stressed, the are very open minded and cheerful.
- The food : Hands down the best salmon I ever ate was fished and cooked by my uncle, up the northen part of the Vancouver Island. Try the products local breweries have to offer, you will not be disappointed.
- The outdoors : Whistler for skiing or snowboarding, Vancouver or Victoria for biking or Tofino for surfing. Choose, it’s your pick!